Hot Air Balloon Safari (Man)
Experience our unique Hot Air Balloon Safari! As the only Hot Air Balloon operation in South Africa to launch from within a National Park, we offer a truly unique flying experience.
Allow us to take you on a journey above the pristine wilderness, sometimes drifting above the mountain tops, skimming over the trees or gliding over the water. This is undoubtedly the finest way of viewing the park.
Guests are collected at their hotel and taken through the park to rendezvous with the balloon crew. The flight is approximately an hour’s duration and on landing, sparkling wine is served. A leisurely game drive is then taken through the park to the game lodge where breakfast is served, after which guests are returned to their hotel. Flights are early in the morning and you will need to allow for approximately 5 hours for the full experience.
Flights are conducted at sunrise and require 4-5 hours to cover the full itinerary which includes the following:
(departure from hotels at Sun City Resort, Manyane Resort,) (Bakgatla, Ivory Tree Lodge,Tshukudu Lodge, Shepherds Tree Lodge, Kwa-Maritane & Bakugung Lodge)
• Launch of the balloon from the centre of the park
• 45 minutes to an hour, drifting serenely over the park
• A sparkling wine celebration on landing, a time-honoured ballooning tradition
• A Breakfast at a Bush Venue
• A first flight certificate and souvenir balloon pin
• Return transport to your hotel
|HOT AIR BALLOON SAFARIS (departure from hotels at Sun City Resort, Manyane Resort,)
(Bakgatla, Ivory Tree Lodge,Tshukudu Lodge, Shepherds Tree Lodge, Kwa-Maritane & Bakugung Lodge)
|Hot Air Balloon Safari (1 hour flight)||R4,970||R3,980|
|Hot Air Balloon Safari Ivory Tree walk-in guests (no breakfast)||R4 460||N/A|
|Hot Air Balloon Safari (30 minute flight)||R4,075||R3,360|
|Hot Air Balloon Safari Following guest not flying||R 795||R 655|
|**Balloon Safari Video & Certificate||R 200||R 200|
|Hot Air Balloon Safari SITE INSPECTION RATE||N/A||N/A|
|Hot Air Balloon Safari EXCLUSIVE USE ** - - - **(Couples) on availability of outsourced|
|**(Couples) on availability of outsourced balloon||R16,500||R14,025|
|**8 man basket - minimum weight required||R30,000||R25,500|
|**12 man basket - minimum weight required||R50,000||R42,500|
Join us on a once in a lifetime experience! We have Hot Air Balloon Safaris launching from the centre of Pilanesberg National Park.
Guests are collected early morning by a registered field guide, in an open safari vehicle from their respective hotels at Sun City Resort or lodges in Pilanesberg area. Day visitors can be collected from Bakubung Gate. The transfer through the park takes approximately an hour as the balloon launch site is situated in the center of the Pilanesberg National Park. At the launch site the guests will be met by the pilot and crew, who will proceed to give a briefing. Guests will then embark in a 1,2 metre high basket and commence on an unforgettable experience that lasts approximately 45 minutes to an hour. This will undoubtedly be the finest way of viewing the inhabitants of the Pilanesberg National Park. On landing, guests will be served with sparkling wine and orange juice in celebration of the flight. The field guide will then convey the guests through the Pilanesberg National Park to a private lodge, where a full English breakfast will be enjoyed. Each guest will receive a first flight certificate signed by the Pilot. On completion of breakfast, guests will be returned to their respective hotels. The total duration of this activity is approximately ±5 hours.
VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE! This activity is extremely weather dependent and a minimum of 4 people are required for the flight to take place. It is advisable that guests book 2 or 3 consecutive mornings as a back up plan.
Duration 6 hours
When Seven days a week, year round, subject to availability and weather. Closed on New Years Day 01 January.
Where Sun City Resort & Pilanesberg area
This activity is extremely weather dependent.
What to Wear Warm outdoor clothing, neutral colors & comfortable walking shoes. The early morning transfer into the park is cold year round, therefore please bring jacket/jersey. In winter (May-Aug) beanies/scarf & gloves also recommended.
Things to Bring Camera and a set of binoculars.
Guests or Spectators Guests wanting to follow only (not fly) can be accommodated on request. "Following guests" can only be booked with our office and must be booked at least 48 hours prior. The "following rate" is available on request and is inclusive of the Game Drive and breakfast at the lodge.
Minimum Age 0 years
Minimum Height 1.2 m
Maximum Height 0.0 m
Fitness Level Average
Qualifications Not Applicable
Maximum Weight 0.0 kg
Certification None Required
Experience Level No Experience Requirement
Inclusions and Exclusions
Inclusions 1 hour flight in a Hot Air Balloon in the Pilanesberg National Park, sparkling wine and orange juice on landing and a full English Breakfast at a Private Lodge within the Pilanesberg National Park.
Exclusions Minimum of 4 people is required for the flight to take place.
This activity is extremely weather dependent and a minimum of 4 people are required to fly. It is advisable that guests book 2 or 3 consecutive mornings as a back up plan.
Exact departure time will only be confirmed by the Gametrackers Tour Coordinator directly with guests, the evening before the flight between 17h30 and 18h00.
For safety reasons, persons less than 1.2m tall are not permitted to fly. Guests are to be reasonably fit, as they are required to climb into a 1.2-metre high balloon basket and be able to crouch down on their haunches on landing.
Balloon reservation form must be completed at least 48 hours prior to flight booked.
Payment & Cancellation
* Full payment is required 7 days prior to the first activity booked.
* All changes must be in writing & all amendments must be received at least 7 days before the activity takes place. Should we not receive any amendments in writing; the total confirmed pax will be charged.
* A 100% cancellation fee will apply should a cancellation or amendment be made within 7 days of the first activity booked.
* Mankwe Gametrackers Management reserves the right to cancel any transfer or activity due to unforeseen circumstances. In the event of a management cancellation a full refund will be given on the amounts paid.
* All pax are required to sign an indemnity form for all transfers and activities they are participating in prior to departure of the activity.
* The indemnity form must be signed by a Parent/Legal guardian for children under 18 years.
* Any unaccompanied child under 18 requires the indemnity to be signed by a parent/legal guardian prior to the activity.
* Children are classified as a pax therefore on certain activities the full rate will apply to them
* The following age/height limits apply:
* Hot Air Balloon Safari – need to be taller than 1.2m
* Quad Biking - Under 8 years can be lifted by an adult – no under 5 years
For queries and bookings for Hot Air Ballooning or accommodation, please contact us per email at Safaris@PilanesbergGameReserve.travel or call for more information +27 (0)87 820 0020
March and April: 6h00-18h30
May to August: 6h30-18h00
September and October: 6h00-18h30
November to February: 5h30-19h00
Adults Foreign Nationals: R110
Children (6-12 yrs): R30
Pensioners (SA only): R40
Vehicles (Sedan/LDV/SUV): R40